this is the original recipe from tasty kitchen
- 1-½ cup Flour
- ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ⅔ cups Butter
- 1-½ cup Granulated Sugar (i used just a cup here, since i don't want it to be super sweet)
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- 2 packages Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (12 Ounce Packages) (here i used 2 cups for the batter and 1 cup for the top part)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and water. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in one package of the chocolate chips and the vanilla extract. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Slowly blend in the flour mixture, and then add the remaining package of chocolate chips and the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan* and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake, and make sure that your toothpick is coated with uncooked batter and not melted chocolate chips if you’re going to continue baking longer. Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.
- Note: To make a half-batch, use a greased 9×9″ square pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
|i just put some maple syrup on the top picture for photo purposes~|
it tastes actually quite yummy~!!!! though i cooked mine for about 1 and 10 mins because at 40 mins. my brownie still has a lot of batter clinging on the toothpick i'm pricking into, so i cooked it longer.. :|| anyways maybe it's with the pan i'm using? i'm using a 9"x12"glass pan, so maybe it has to do something with that... and another, since the chocolate mix is still hot, when i pour the other choco chips it just melt, so i didn't get the effect of choco chips bit into the brownies(next time, i'll let it cool for a bit!)....but anyways~~after being chilled for 5 hrs. it tastes so good!! so chewy~, like how brownies should be! and it's not that sweet, perfect for my taste buds~~ omnomnomnom :*